The first time he comes to southern Ardèche the visitor is surprised by the wild beauty of the landscapes. The main features : the limestone plateau covered with shrubs and forests where ruiniform rocks with extravagant and fantastic forms can be come across, such as in Païolive Wood.This plateau is drilled by numerous swallowholes and caves (such as Orgnac); and notched by deep gorges at the bottom of which clear rivers flow.
Land of men since the dawn of Humanity, their footprints have been recently discovered and are to be admired in the “Pont d’Arc cave” (Grotte Chauvet)
- “Pont d’Arc cave” (Grotte Chauvet) >> >> link to its website
- The region offers one of the largest known concentration of dolmens in France,
- Many castles and typical villages are to be discovered as you will walk, ride or drive about.
If you take the time to discover that region , you will go back home with wonderful memories!
The activity book at your disposal will give you all the information to organize your stay, such as information about walks, hikes, climbs, as well as detailed maps of the region.
Outdoor activities: :
- Canoeing, canyon(eer)ing,
- Potholing, climbing,
- Hiking, horse riding, mountain biking, biking,
- Adventure leisure parks,
- Some ideas of nice walks and things to do nearby >> Website,
- The famous Pont d’Arc and the river Ardèche gorges, Ruoms road cut high into the side of the cliff,
- The Cirque des Gens, a rock amphitheatre circled by hugged cliffs,
- Aven d’Orgnac, Orgnac cave (classified « Grand site de France ») >> website link
- Grotte de Cocallière cave >> website link, Madeleine cave>> website link
- Saint Marcel cave >> website link, Forestière cave >> website link
- Aven Marzal cave >> website link
- Typical villages such as Labeaume, Balazuc, Vogue, Banne, Naves, and so on.
- The Hanging Gardens of Récatadou (Labeaume) >>> see video below
- The Castles of Largentiere, Montreal, Vogue,
- Museums and exhibitions,
- Day and night markets during summertime,
- Flea markets,
- Music festivals and concerts
- French food and cuisine to be experienced from a large range of numerous restaurant…
- ….As well as pubs, bars and nightclubs.
Tourist sites to be visited :
Places to be enjoyed :